Meet Colleen, the new Volunteer Coordinator at MCAS, and Play a Get To Know You Game for Volunteers.
My name is Colleen and I am the new Volunteer Coordinator for MCAS. I hope this finds you all well rested, healthy, and safe at home. I know that this is a strange time and many of you are missing volunteering (and we’re missing you too) so I thought we could participate in a short get to know you game.
If you feel so inclined, please fill out the following questions and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all!
- Your preferred name?
- Your pronouns?
- Your pets and their names?
- Where did you grow up?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your favorite movie/tv show/book?
- What is your favorite activity at the shelter?
- What is your favorite food?
- Coffee, tea, water, or?
- What is your favorite treat?
- What tasks do you typically perform as a volunteer at the shelter?
- Do you foster? Dogs, cats, or kittens?
- As a volunteer, how do you like to be appreciated?
- What would you like more training on?
- What have you learned from volunteering at the shelter?
- How have you changed because of volunteering at the shelter?
- What have you missed most about volunteering?
- Full Name: Colleen O’Toole
- Preferred Pronouns: She/her
- Pets: Three dogs- Lady Bird, Lily, and Betty. Four cats - Fern, Gabe, Rose, and Tufty. Three goats - Frankie, Filbert, and Ivy.
- Hometown: Buchanan, MI
- Former Positions: Volunteer Program Manager Habitat for Humanity ReStores
- Favorite TV Show, Movie or Book: Sister Act 2 and anything written by Barbara Kingsolver
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would like to visit both Iceland and Thailand someday.
- Who inspires you? My Grandparents
- What are you most excited about for this position? I am most excited about getting to work with a great team of people to help redefine the volunteer experience at MCAS.
Looking for ways to stay involved? Check out these online training courses.
If you choose to complete any of them please send your certificates or verifications to email@example.com.