You can help shelter animals from the comfort of your own home! These pets need either a quiet place to recover from an injury or a little break from the stress of shelter life. You might be called upon to help with socialization or to give puppies and kittens a good start in preparation for their forever homes.
Want to learn more? Visit our event page to learn about upcoming foster orientations.
Types of Fostering
- Dog fostering: length of time varies depending on the situation
- Cat URI (Upper Respiratory Infection) fostering: short term (approx. 10-14 days)
- Kitten fostering: length of time varies but may require several months
- Other cat fostering opportunities: may be available for cats who require socialization or recovery from surgery
Want to be a Foster Parent?
1. Read the FAQ's and foster pet policy:
2. Fill out the foster volunteer application:
3. Email the volunteer coordinator.
Email Melinda Hickey to let her know your application has been completed and to schedule a foster orientation.