If you are struggling and need help to feed your pets, resources are available. Area groups listed below operate pet food banks and support systems to feed the pets of those in need.
- Pet Food Banks are listed in blue.
- Pet Food Support Groups are listed in yellow.
Multnomah County Animal Services
Community members in need of pet food support may call the shelter’s main phone number, 503-988-7387, during call center hours, to provide basic information about their circumstances, number and type of pets, and to set an appointment for food pickup.
Appointments will be set for future dates to allow shelter staff to stock and prepare the appropriate amount of food per each request at the beginning of the day. Pet food assistance may be provided once a month for each household, as supply is available.
SE Portland, 97202
The Pongo Fund provides high-quality pet food for thousands of hungry dogs, cats and horses each year. From a distribution hub in SE Portland and a network of 50 satellite locations, The Pongo Fund helps seniors, Veterans, the victimized, the marginalized, the unemployed, the disabled, the mentally ill, the hungry, the hurting, the homeless, and good people facing the toughest of times. They also provide Meals On Wheels service. Please visit the website for more information, or call to register for assistance.
For more information visit the Fido Animals website for current hours and protocols: fidoanimeals.org
FIDO operates three programs that distribute pet food to pet owners in need:
- The Pet Food Bank: Serving low-income pet owners in Clackamas County. Assistance to pet owners outside of Clackamas County may be available based on individual need. Pet food provided on a monthly basis. Contact FIDO for eligibility requirements and the Pet Food Bank schedule.
- Veterans Program: Serving veterans, homeless veterans, active duty personnel, and their families from all areas. Pet food provided on a weekly basis from the Pet Food Bank. Contact Vet’s Pets for eligibility requirements and for Food Bank days and times.
- Veterans Program phone number: 503-655-FOOD (3663)
- AniMeals: Serving senior citizens residing in Clackamas County. In partnership with Clackamas County Meals On Wheels, AniMeals provides pet food every two weeks to senior citizens along with their meal deliveries. Contact FIDO for more information.
Serving senior, and homebound residents in Washington County
In partnership with Washington County Meals On Wheels, the Cat Food Bank provides cat food to homebound and senior citizens in Beaverton and Forest Grove along with their meal deliveries. The Food Bank also provides cat food for senior pet owners (60 years and older) at the Hillsboro Meals On Wheels Dining Center. Contact CAT for more information.
Southeast Community Church of the Nazarene
5535 SE Rhone Street, Portland
Dog and cat food distributed monthly during Harvest Share. Contact the Food Pantry for eligibility requirements and Harvest Share dates. If you need pet food but are unable to attend Harvest Share, contact the Food Pantry for assistance.
Serving Multnomah County residents living east of 82nd Avenue
17805 SE Stark Street, Portland
Pet food is available during regular Food Pantry hours. Seniors receiving monthly food boxes from SnowCap may also request pet food as part of their delivery. Contact SnowCap for eligibility requirements and Food Pantry hours.
Serving residents of the City of Portland
687 N. Thompson Street, Portland
Pet food is available during regular Food Pantry hours. Contact the Sunshine Division for eligibility requirements and Food Pantry hours.
SW Washington St. between SW 9th and SW Park Avenue, Portland
Pet food available during the weekly meal service every Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
For seniors residing in Multnomah and Washington County
Pet food is available at many Meals On Wheels Dining Centers. Contact the Meals On Wheels People to find a Dining Center near you.
Through a mix of supplemental food programs, traditional food pantries and congregate meal sites, they aim to provide people with access to the type of food assistance they need. Check their website for hours and locations.
*May have pet food, call before visiting