If you are struggling and need help to feed your pets, resources are available. Area groups listed below operate pet food banks and support systems to feed the pets of those in need.
- Pet Food Banks are listed in blue.
- Pet Food Support Groups are listed in yellow.
3632 SE 20th Avenue, Portland
Pet food distributed twice a month to pet owners in need. The Pet Food Bank requires proof that pets are spayed or neutered, or a letter from your veterinarian stating that it is unsafe to do so due to age or medical issues. Contact The Pongo Fund for more eligibility requirements and the Pet Food Bank schedule.
2100 Kaen Road, Oregon City
FIDO operates three programs that distribute pet food to pet owners in need:
- The Pet Food Bank: Serving low-income pet owners in Clackamas County. Assistance to pet owners outside of Clackamas County may be available based on individual need. Pet food provided on a monthly basis. Contact FIDO for eligibility requirements and the Pet Food Bank schedule.
- Vet’s Pets: Serving veterans, homeless veterans, active duty personnel, and their families from all areas. Pet food provided on a weekly basis from the Pet Food Bank. Contact Vet’s Pets for eligibility requirements and for Food Bank days and times.
- (971) 254 -7348
- AniMeals: Serving senior citizens residing in Clackamas County. In partnership with Clackamas County Meals On Wheels, AniMeals provides pet food every two weeks to senior citizens along with their meal deliveries. Contact FIDO for more information.
Serving senior, and homebound residents in Washington County
In partnership with Washington County Meals On Wheels, the Cat Food Bank provides cat food to homebound and senior citizens in Beaverton and Forest Grove along with their meal deliveries. The Food Bank also provides cat food for senior pet owners (60 years and older) at the Hillsboro Meals On Wheels Dining Center. Contact CAT for more information.
Southeast Community Church of the Nazarene
5535 SE Rhone Street, Portland
Dog and cat food distributed monthly during Harvest Share. Contact the Food Pantry for eligibility requirements and Harvest Share dates. If you need pet food but are unable to attend Harvest Share, contact the Food Pantry for assistance.
Serving Multnomah County residents living east of 82nd Avenue
17805 SE Stark Street, Portland
Pet food is available during regular Food Pantry hours. Seniors receiving monthly food boxes from SnowCap may also request pet food as part of their delivery. Contact SnowCap for eligibility requirements and Food Pantry hours.
Serving residents of the City of Portland
687 N. Thompson Street, Portland
Pet food is available during regular Food Pantry hours. Contact the Sunshine Division for eligibility requirements and Food Pantry hours.
SW Washington St. between SW 9th and SW Park Avenue, Portland
Pet food available during the weekly meal service every Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
For seniors residing in Multnomah and Washington County
Pet food is available at many Meals On Wheels Dining Centers. Contact the Meals On Wheels People to find a Dining Center near you.