As a public agency, many of the records created by Multnomah County Animal Services may be requested by members of the public. Please use the Public Records Request Form to request records. After you receive your bill, you may pay on the Public Record Request Fee page.
Public records that may be requested include:
- pet license
- quarantine report
- citation / notice of infraction (NOI)
- incident report
- appeal hearing audio recording
- digital photograph
- case file (may contain any of, but is not limited to, the above documents)
Records may be identified by one or more of the following:
- animal number
- complainant name
- citation / NOI number
- owner name
- quarantine report number
- date of incident
- single document: $1.00 per page for the first 5 pages and $0.25 for each additional page (except as noted below)
- printed digital photograph: $2.00
- digital photo on CD: $5.00
- appeal hearing audio recording: $17.50
- extensive or specialty requests will be prorated at the actual cost to produce the document ($33.89 per hour)
You may receive a bill for your record request. Alternately, we may require payment in advance which can be submitted in person at the shelter or by phone with a credit card.
Multiple Record Requests
Any request made for multiple records which apply to different owners or animals shall be considered a separate request and billed accordingly.