Adoption services won't be offered at the shelter on Monday, July 31, in order for adoption staff to attend an important training. The shelter will be open. Licensing services, stray services, and lost pet services will still be offered.
- Attend a volunteer orientation, held at the shelter on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 7-8 pm. (Check the event calendar for specific dates.) You can "drop in" without prior registration.
- You may complete the application process after attending the orientation.
- There will be a $15 material fee for all new volunteers.
- Additional training will be required for all dog and cat volunteers.
- Must be 16 years or older (16-17 year olds can volunteer with parent approval)
- Youth ages 12-15 years may volunteer with a parent or guardian present at all times
- Able to volunteer 8 hours a month for a year
- Able to commit to scheduled volunteer times
- Able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for long periods of time when working directly with animal care
- Work well with people – all volunteer positions work directly with the public, staff, and other volunteers
- Comply with Multnomah County Ordinances
- Able to pass a background check
Interested in Fostering?
Learn how to be part of our foster program.